- Sony a7R IV – My main camera.
- Sony a7 IV – My backup camera.
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM lens
- Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM lens
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM lens
- Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM lens
- Sony 90mm f/2.8 Macro lens – I use this for all images in my #OurGreatIndoors (miniature) series.
- Sony FE 1.4x Teleconverter
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack 20L
- Benro Mach3 Carbon Fiber Tripod
LOOKING FOR A STARTER CAMERA?
Overall, I recommend using what you have first and upgrading once your gear is limiting you. The best camera is often the one you have available to you. But if you are looking to invest in a starter camera, I recommend the Sony a6000 or another camera in Sony’s crop sensor line, like the a6400 if you have the budget available to you. This camera is a great one for getting comfortable using Sony products. Unless you know what type of lens you want specifically, I recommend getting this camera with the kit lens (the lens that comes with it), and adding to your kit once you know your preferences.
OTHER PHOTOGRAPHY FAQ & RESOURCES:
- How did you get into photography?
- My interest in photography started in high school when I took an introduction to photography class. I used my dad’s old Nikon F1 camera and spent a lot of time doing black and white film photography. I departed from my photography passion in my early 20’s, which I spent traveling and working in outdoor education. I picked up a camera again in 2015 and began working as a professional photographer in 2016.
- What are your tips for someone who wants to get started with photography?
- How do you become an adventure or travel photographer?
- I put all my tips on pursuing a career in adventure and/or travel photography in a blog post here!
- When/how did you join the Sony Alpha Imaging Collective?
- The Alpha Collective is Sony’s ambassador program. I joined in March 2017 and have been working on various projects & trips with Sony since then. There is an application available online here.
- What do you use to edit your images?
- I edit my images using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Do you lead photography workshops?
- I teach workshops and lead adventure trips throughout the year. To stay updated, subscribe to my email list (on your right), or see current offerings here.
- Where do you buy your miniature figurines?
- I find my miniature figurines in hobby shops around the US. I’ve included some of my favorite hobby shops in a freebie you can download here.
If you have any photography related questions that I haven’t covered here, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Feature photo by Rachel Rudwall.
Please ignore this text box - Recoleta Font
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment